Sunday, April 29, 2007

It Ain't a Lot

I often wonder about how and why my life is unfolding the way it is. These days when I am quite far from my home - both the real one and the adopted one - I have thought quite a lot about what I would want from a life well lived. So here is the list:
  1. Coming home everyday to a fridge full of fruits - Plums, Oranges, Apricots, Pears. The package basically
  2. Coming home to a place that doesn't ring with a 'deathly' silence. (Sincere apologies to Jhumpa Lahiri for any Copyright infringements)
  3. Having access to all English and Hindi music ever made.
  4. Having access to all episodes of all English sitcoms ever made.
  5. Someone to talk to about books I have read and movies I have seen
  6. Some cricket on television every time I switch the boob tube on
  7. Nostalgia
I wonder if this is too much to ask for. What about just the sitcoms though? Do-able, eh?

4 comments:

Rohan said...

Do you really think you will be able to come back home for all of that? IBD it is, my friend. All looks good otherwise except for the last point. I didn't like that one. Give yourself the benefit of doubt at all times. Never be strict with yourself. The mantra!

sugato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sugato said...

why the guilt and the sadness? btw did u know that our mutual friend owns not 1 but 2 kirana stores in rishikesh? check this out....

http://picasaweb.google.com/
sugato.datta/Rishikesh/
photo#5059255619223376658

Unknown said...

the first one..fridge full of fruits,...what an innocent yet yearning desire..for ppl livn in their homes(not the adopted ones in ur language)..these things are so taken for granted,u only realise their imp after hearing from one living outside home..but then,dsnt stay away from home,makes us vaklue certain things even more..or even discard many others,that seemed soo imp before!!